Nyewood is a hamlet of just under 100 households set on the north side of the beautiful South Downs, within Harting Parish and the South Downs National Park. Nyewood sits astride the B2141, which runs from the A272 at Rogate south towards South Harting.
Having no church, and no longer a post office, shop or pub, the only public building in Nyewood was the hall in the centre of the hamlet, which was built in the early 1900s and donated in memory of Commander Henry Warren R.N. of Nyewood House, by his wife Louisa after his death in 1926.
Upon starting work on a renovation project in 2012, the Hall was found to be of unsound construction despite having stood for over a hundred years. The cost of making it safe was deemed prohibitive and so it was decided to build a new hall to modern specifications.
Please email email Henry Warren Village Hall Club for any enquiries.
Read the latest news.