|Do you know what can and can’t be recycled in West Sussex? Take a look at our A-Z of recycling guide
We know most of you are already doing a good job at recycling, but there’s always more to be done. Some recyclable items that are commonly missed around the home include:
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays (any colour, including black plastic)
- Card (corrugated and non-corrugated)
- Newspapers, magazines and other recyclable paper
- Shampoo and shower gel bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cans and aerosols.
It’s also really important you make sure your recycling is:
- CLEAN – free from food and drink leftovers – a quick rinse will do.
- DRY – keep your recycling bin lid shut – soggy paper and cardboard can’t be recycled and can clog up machinery when sorted.
- LOOSE – not tied up in plastic bags.
Download and keep a handy fridge flyer.
For more tips and advice, follow West Sussex recycles on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and #RecycleWeek on social media.